Butyl tape is a special tape which combines tough, durable aluminum foil with tacky butyl rubber adhesive to form an instant airtight and waterproof bond that permanently seals leaks and gaps. Adhesives come in three main varieties: silicon-based, rubber-based, or acrylic-based. In addition, you can find both natural and synthetic rubber adhesives.
Notable features of butyl tape include;
- Firstly, resistant to oxidation, chemical and age
- Does not degrade under UV light.
- Heat resistance up to 160 degrees.
- Does not crack or lose adhesion under expansion or contraction.
- Excellent anti-vibration properties. Seals against moisture and rust.
- Prevents chemical reactions when two galvanized sheets come into contact with each other.
- Bonds the sheets together and lessens the risk of wind damage and leakage.
- Lastly, Non-toxic and non-hazardous.
This article focuses on butyl adhesives, part of the rubber-based category. Butyl was developed to augment traditional rubber adhesives. Butyl tapes are less temperature-sensitive and maintain their stickiness at much lower temperatures than natural rubber.
With butyl rubber tape, you find a tape that instantly adheres to most surfaces and has a high adhesion level. Due to its flexibility bonds well in applications where moisture is a factor, such as with decks. In addition, homeowners and builders appreciate how quickly they can repair cracks & gaps.
Butyl tape has several advantages which include:
- Firstly, securely bonds to even resistant surfaces
- Secondly, it is less temperature-sensitive and oozes less in high temperatures
- Thirdly, it can be applied in a wide range of weather conditions — very flexible
- It is more affordable than acrylic or silicone in most instances
- Provides an effective barrier that is airtight and watertight
- Lastly, flows better around decking screws and deck fasteners, creating a tighter seal.
Butyl tapes are often considered an all-in-one solution due to their many application uses. It is compatible with these surfaces:
- Rubber roofing
- Metal roofing
The flexibility, strong adhesion, and weatherproof nature of butyl tape make it the perfect choice for your repairs.
Dandy Solutions LTD is the largest supplier of butyl aluminium tapes in Kenya. Available sizes include;
Call +254748246998 to place your order
Swift delivery within Kenya. Huge price (KES) discounts on large orders